Gardening Workshops and Events
Late Summer 2013
From leaves to luscious yields, let the harvest begin! Everything is late this year. But it’s all still delicious!! And there is still time to cultivate your garden community!
2013 Community Garden Tour and Local Food Sampler
Fun and Delicious!! Saturday, September 14th 1:00-5:00pm.
Bus transportation and light refreshments provided. Cyclists welcome … and you’ll pay the member price for tickets!
Starting and ending at Braise Restaurant, 1101 S. 2nd St., participants will hop on our bus or bike to discover gardens and local venues on the peak of green innovation in Milwaukee. This year’s Tour participants will explore outstanding community gardens, uncover two thriving rooftop gardens (one calls itself a farm!) and get a taste of local food including at Braise, Clock Shadow Creamery cheese, Martha’s Pimiento Cheese, and Purple Door ice cream!
Don’t Delay! Limited space available on the bus. Lots of bike trip space, though.
$25.00 General Admission or $20.00 for MUG members & bicyclists. Phone the office if you are buying a ticket and going to bike so we save the bus seats for others. Phone 414-431-1585.
Tickets Available At:
- The Garden Room: 2107 E. Capitol Dr., Shorewood WI 53211 gardenroomonline.com
- Samara Garden & Home: 5211 W. North Ave., Milwaukee WI 53208 samaragardenandhome.com
- Milwaukee Outpost Stores: Ask for tickets at the service desk. outpost.coop
- Groundwork Milwaukee-Milwaukee Urban Gardens Offices: 1845 N. Farwell Ave. #100, milwaukee 53202 groundworkmke.org
- Online at www.BrownPaperTickets.com (click here)
SAVE THE DATE: OCT. 19 GARDEN HARVEST GALA
4:00 – 7:00 at Weber’s Garden Center. Featuring the Garlic Mustard Pickers, a favorite celtic-style band in Milwaukee. Other details to be announced soon.
Please stay tuned for future Workshops and Event.